Like David said so elegantly, I see Wikipedia as a source of knowlegde for
"What is iSeries?" not "How do I do SQL in a RPG program?" A midrange user
will more likely search the midrange.com <http://midrange.com> site before
searching Wikipedia for this knowledge. Midrange.com
<http://Midrange.com>to me seems to be the central hub for anything
iSeries related. Wikipedia
gives me a source to find out what something is. Does PHP, Linux, Perl, and
Microsoft store all of thier information in Wikipedia? No. Why should we?
Many, many open-source (and others) maintain a wiki for various reasons they
don't say "Hey, lets store everything in Wikipedia!". The other I see is
control. We don't control Wikipedia. Yes, we can push content and we can
monitor to make sure someone doesn't mess it up, but we still don't have
full control a team of people at Yahoo! (IIRC) run everything. Here, David
and his team runs it and we will make sure that there is quality content.

If you don't like this new wiki, don't use it. Simple solution for a
difficult problem. I for one support it and will be using it. The big thing
is that our community needs to take a bit of extra time to update it. Like a
blog or the FAQ, you need to take the time to document it.