Steve Landess said:
>>Just two words:  Babel Fish

the following, from the guide, is one of the deepest and funniest thoughts
I've ever heard.

after describing what a babel fish is and what it does, the guide

Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so
mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some
thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the
non-existence of God. The argument goes something like this:

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and
without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not
have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own
arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a
puff of logic.

"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that
black is white and gets himself killed at the next zebra crossing.