Chris,

Merry Christmas...!  Old "adversary"...;-)

Thanks for moving this to the proper list.

Very laudible...  If I wasn't so lazy, I'd move to another platform.  I got
heavily involved in PCs (putting them out in each of the stores) about the
time of Windung 3.0...  (PC software actually ran on OS/2, but IBM lost that
battle...)

| I advocate FreeBSD, OS X, etc. Anything non-Microsoft. To me, Linux has
| the additional plus of being ported to iSeries meaning I might find the
| experience with it useful. But I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm a
| Linux zealot. I'm an iSeries zealot and I just don't have the extra zeal
| to go around.

Not to be contrary, old friend, but I've seen your posts...  You have an
abundance of zeal...!  Glad to see it's in favor of the iSeries...

I'm starting to draw the same conclusion about Linux...  I got an e-mail on
the iNation about it, and I recalled Mr. Zeitler's interview (with Joanna
Moore, back about 6 months ago).  I'm too lazy to look up the article...

But I recall Zeitler saying (more-or-less) that they're providing Linux
because that's what the market wants.  Not so much because he saw it as the
be-all and end-all...

My gripe with Linux is the leadership of the movement, more than the
platform itself.  I read someplace (don't recall where) that some folks
think OS-X is the end of Linux-on-the-desktop...  I tend to think that
FreeBSD is more stable than Linux, is a better run organization.  Don't know
enough about this stuff, though.

Fact is.. Linux gets all the glory (again, due to it's leadership), and it
exists on the iSeries...  So if Zeitler can't ignore the desires of the
market, I don't know that I should.  My views are, obviously, still in
flux...

| >"Happy Humbug"...;o))
| >
| It is turning Christmas here as I type this. Happy Holidays to every one
| out there. I wish upon you all the many blessings of this season. I hope
| you all have joyous celebrations with your families and truly experience
| the wonderful spirit of this season.

Dag...  You've finally left me speechless... :-D