I think SPAM is the wrong term for what you are seeing.

Some of us are extremely enthusiastic about some topics, but our time is very
limited to participate, so we might go some time then try to catch up on
discussions.  Thus in the short term there can be an excess of posts from
such an individual.

Even though our time is such that we might go several days not participating
then several days of participating heavily, there are some of us who are not
real skilled at communicating with a minimum of verbiage.

There is also the issue of LONG posts & repetition of quotes from prior posts
- how much of that is neccessary?

The person to complain to is not the ISP of the poster but the moderator of
the discussion or the new ***** assistant moderator.

> From: dale.draper@seu.sega.com (Draper, Dale)
>
>  Is it SPAM when one user tries to dominate each and every G-D conversation
>  going? I had 120 email's waiting for me from the Midrange-L list. 29(!) of
>  these ( that's 25%!) were from one single person.
>  Every day for the last two weeks this person is cluttering up about 20% of
>  my e-mail bandwidth.
>
>  How do I go about complaining to his ISP?
>
>  Tongue somewhat in cheek,
>
>  Dale

BPCS 405 CD Manager / Programmer @ Global Wire Technologies Incorporated
http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com = new name same quality wire