1. Visit The Ed Yourdon Report Discussion Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TYR

2. Notice Messages 2510 & 2522 & you also might want to browse some of the
other stuff here.

Message 2510 titled "A World Out of Touch with Itself: Where the Violence
Comes from." is by a Rabbi who makes some important points, but is
conclusions are dynamite.
The perpetrators have to be punished.
Violence is far too prevalent in our One World.
Look at all the problems in our world that lead to this hatred.
Look at how easily Bin Laden recruits enthusiastic followers.
But the Bin Ladens of the world would have a much more difficult job
recruiting if the following was our reality ...

It is well worth reading & thinking about.

Message 2522 titled "A first-hand account from a Pakistani Muslim in New York"
This guy is real lucky to be alive, several times over.
He arrived downstairs in the WTC when the first plane hit.
A few minutes earlier & the debris would have got him.
Due to construction in the street, and this thing so far up, he did not know
what happened, so he was riding up in an elevator while his co-workers, who
got to the office before him, were evacuating down the stairs.
His phone rang & he was on it when he saw the second plane hit.
He thinks he is one of the last to safely exit the building.
Some of the falling debris hit him.
He was helped by a hasidic Jewish man who could read the arabic prayer on the
pendant around his neck.
Later he talks about the blind hatred directed against people who had nothing
to do with this crime.

Message 2522 has a link to another site
http://www.worldneyork.org/

which has lots of posts & links

at the top of the list when I visited was someone asking when we will explain
to school children  how it came to be that only the terrorists were armed,
while pilots, flight crews & ordinary citizens were not, and how we correlate
this with constitional guarantees, and how we balance liberty with safety.

Well children are seeing an important lesson right now, civic responsibility,
and I have my doubts that many adults have the answers to such questions, let
alone how to teach them in the school system.

I saw on TV where children in some very poor neighborhoods had asked what
THEY could do to help, and the conclusion was that there are children in New
York who need money more desperately than they do, so there is a fund raising
with small change being contributed by children in poverty who have so little.

It puts me to shame - me thinking, well shall I send a check for a measly
$250.00 or $500.00 to this or that charity & relief effort, and how much
total shall I budget collectively at this time.