Oh, and we have two VTLs. Each in a different state. The media are
replicated back and forth between each other. Testing of accessing media
from the remote is routinely done as we use a save in Michigan to do a
restore in Indiana. This is how we refresh our test data - restore to dev
lpar from a save done on the H/A box.
With both data centers a few hours away from my office (in opposite
directions) nobody is going to either to physically handle tapes.

On Mon, Apr 1, 2024 at 10:01 AM Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>