On 2/9/24 1:46 PM, Javier Sanchez wrote:
Idempotent is something that you may try infinitely but won't cause a dupe,
especially in financial transactions. I thought you were asking for
running "code" that would simulate a behavior that won't hurt your other
programs. But, I guess that is good for your question, it was too open
btw. :-)

Yes, I *was* being too vague. In this case, an RPG Cycle program that updates records in one file based on corresponding records in two other files. It can be re-run any arbitrary number of times, and is 100% idempotent for target records for which the source records are unchanged from the previous run (which would likely be the overwhelming majority of the target records).

--
JHHL