Dieter, great!. Thanks again!

JS

El dom, 14 ene 2024 a las 3:04, Dsternb (<dieter.bender@xxxxxxxxxxxx>)
escribió:

ArdGate is a Bridge from embedded SQL (RPG/COBOL, interactive SQL, QMQRY,
etc.) to JDBC. There are install doc and examples at the sourceforge link
already posted. There are some limitations, one of these: BLOB/CLOB is not
supported.
There are two (untested) workarounds:
- send an sql statement inserting the BLOB in a linked table, residing on
AS/400.
- calling a ms sql stored procedure, copying the blob to a location
propagated as parameter

AppServer4RPG is the base layer of ArdGate, you will find some doc here:
https://de.slideshare.net/comeur/app-server4rpg-english
These presentation contains how to extend the functionality by writing a
Handler by extending a Java Interface. In your case the Handler takes the
sourceLocation of the BLOB (table, column, id) and the targetLocation
(path
and name) and returns success or errorInformation.
It shouldn't be too hard to do this by using Java. As a Bluebrint you
could
look at the sources of ArdGate on sourceforge.

I Would prefer writing a Handler its easier design: If you need to
navigate
through the MS SQL database to find the location of the BLOB from RPG
ArdGate could do this and afterwards a customized Handler could do rest of
the work.

D*B

<Javier>
Java knowledge is no problem at all. Embedded RPG has been my essential
experience for many years, even ILE C programming has been too.
You have said the exact intention: pull up the image's binary stream, put
it on an IFS folder and then send it back as MIME type "image/jpeg" or
whatever, either by sending the whole stream or by a "Location" http
header. There are options for that.

Testing your tool is what I'd like to do. What I would need is, where can
I find more information, as sample usage code? Is that in the same
project's site?

</Javier>