On 10/2/2023 11:31 AM, Shane Reeves wrote:
Our system has several subsystem/jobs that support the integration between our ERP and EDI systems the sending/receiving of EDI. In extremely rare cases they fail with an error, and I've determined its because the library for the EDI software is getting removed from the library list of the job. What I don't understand is how or why the library is getting removed. I'm assuming some program is causing it, but the multitude of programs these jobs run would take forever to review individually.

A first cut at analysis is a simple FNDSTRPDM search for the RMVLIBLE or RPLLIBLE or CHGLIBL command. PRTCMDUSG /might/ be useful, but I've seen plenty of instances where a command gets created on the fly and processed by QCMDEXC. I'd search RPG and CL source files.

Another idea is to CHGOBJAUD on those commands and audit what jobs are accessing them. This too, is only a start because it's quite possible that a submitted job is using the wrong user profile (not RMVLIBLE) and in that way, the wrong library list.

A complex way to find this is to register your own exit program to QIBM_QCA_CHG_COMMAND via ADDEXITPGM. For more information see https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.4?topic=ssw_ibm_i_74/apis/xcachg.html