Cool. I'll have to check out gsutil as well.

Interesting thing is that S3 storage is being covered on a lot of services now and not just Amazon.

I wrapped a couple CL commands around it too. Viola instant s3 access.

Apparently many of the other Amazon services are available with the aws cli as well.

I did end up adding an addendum to the article. Found issues with s3fs which uses a different version of the botocore python framework so I created a virtual environment just for the aws cli stuff. Works great.

Also looks like google is compatible with S3.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Web: http://www.richardschoen.net
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

message: 3
date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 07:57:57 -0500
from: Bryan Dietz <bdietz400@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Ever wanted IBM i to play nicely with Amazon S3 Storage

very cool.

I did a similar thing with the google cloud a while back.

gsutil is a Python application that lets you access Google Cloud Storage from the command line. You can use gsutil to do a wide range of bucket and object management tasks

Bryan