I differ. Not that I can recall the last time I fired up WRKMBRPDM, and
STRPDM has been years, but PDM allows you to create user defined options
you could bury RUNSQLSTM in.

I'll grant you that I'm not sure that V4R5 supports CREATE OR REPLACE TABLE.

And DDL without CREATE OR REPLACE has a different paradigm where you often
just use ALTER TABLE vs recreating it. If you want the raw DDL recreated
as you're not sure if the existing DDL is in sync with reality there are
APIs to generate the DDL from the table. I thought there was a GEN*
command but I'm not finding it.

Funny you mention CHGPF with DDS. How many still run into people who
weren't aware that has been supported for decades and they still run into
people who create a new table and copy everything into it from the old
version?