On 7/26/2023 10:06 AM, Rob Berendt wrote:
Finish debugging this (fix msgkey) and pass that command to qcmdexc

One might use the QCMDEXC SQL function: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.4?topic=services-qcmdexc-scalar-function

select
'RMVMSG MSGQ(' *concat* message_queue_library *concat* '/' *concat*
message_queue_name *concat* ') MSGKEY(' *concat* *varchar*(message_key)
*concat* ') CLEAR(*BYKEY)' as command_string,
MESSAGE_QUEUE_LIBRARY,
MESSAGE_QUEUE_NAME,
MESSAGE_TIMESTAMP,
MESSAGE_KEY
from QSYS2.MESSAGE_QUEUE_INFO
where
message_timestamp < *current timestamp* - *30* *days*
order by message_timestamp desc;

Reminder that this prunes all messages older than 30 days.
All message queues.
All libraries.
As Don notes, it might be beneficial to have the list of intended queues in a table.

On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 9:43 AM DEnglander--- via MIDRANGE-L <