Michael
I'm not stating any opinion here just asking if your dealing directly with IBM or your Business Partner on this?

Glenn Ericson 7817 992 6270 gericson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

On Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 02:39:35 PM EDT, Michael Mayer <michael.mayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My 2 cents on a related subject .... I've been working with OpenText (TLi)
for several months. First on an OS upgrade (7.3 to 7.4) and then on a hardware
upgrade (Power 8 to Power 10).

In several instances, the license key upgrade file was defective from a "senior" rep.
It was only until, after umpteen phone calls and umpteen emails, was I able to get
to a senior mgr who understood and resolved the issue.

The same "senior" rep who evidently was assigned to our acct (and removed by request)
also sent my a license key file that belonged to another customer.
I think the problem with them is they are on the other side of the planet and there is
a huge language / comprehension barrier.

Whining? No. Just stating the facts as I have dealt with them multiple times on the same issue
for days at a time. And I pride myself on being able to explain tech to English and English to tech
in very understandable terms.

Respectfully,
Michael Mayer
IBM i on Power System Admin
ERMCO-ECI
2225 Industrial Rd
Dyersburg, Tennessee 38024
Office and OnCall: 731.676.4318
Cell: 518.641.8906
Email: michael.mayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:michael.mayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
https://www.ermco-eci.com<https://www.ermco-eci.com/>
IBM i Personal Blog: https://ibmireference.blogspot.com<https://ibmireference.blogspot.com/>
"Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts".

1. Re: TrustedLink for i User File Definition limitation?
(VERNON HAMBERG Owner via MIDRANGE-L)
3. Re: [*EXTERNAL*] TrustedLink for i User File Definition
limitation? (Rick Rauterkus via MIDRANGE-L)
4. RE: [*EXTERNAL*] TrustedLink for i User File Definition
limitation? (Conan Sullivan)

message: 1
date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 10:03:28 -0700
from: VERNON HAMBERG Owner via MIDRANGE-L
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
subject: Re: TrustedLink for i User File Definition limitation?

Buck

Someone is very confused - user spaces do have a size limit - 16MB, as I recall. Nothing to do with that article, seems to me.

Vern