Hello Laurence,

Am 25.03.2020 um 03:43 schrieb Laurence Chiu <lchiu7@xxxxxxxxx>:

FTP is not great protocol but we are stuck with it. We were thinking of
using something like WinSCP on the Windows client so that at least it could
resume a failed transfer. Well that is what is documented

FTP is a great protocol when it comes to sheer speed. Nothing can beat FTP. That's because it's clear text. Drawback is, it's clear text, so tapping to get a copy of data in transfer is possible.

Make yourself accustomed to the FTP REST command:

HELP REST
214 REST marker: restart data transfer at this marker.

(from a telnet session to my AS/400 FTP server)

Usually, FTP command line clients implement this as reput and reget commands. If not, you'll need to calculate the needed offset by yourself, send a REST with the offset and then get or put. See documentation if your particular client implementation.

:wq! PoC

PGP-Key: DDD3 4ABF 6413 38DE - https://www.pocnet.net/poc-key.asc