Exactly. So you will update the profile to tag one of the two new SAS cards that support the drawer with the new LS.

After the copy the old LS becomes 'Non-Configured' so be aware of that that you don't add it back in by accident when adding the new disks. :-)

As to finding it SAS is much better than SCSI. SCSI had two or three max LS candidate slots. SAS it can be anywhere and as you suggest, it just finds it.

We systems guys though don't like the LS drive to not be in Slot 1 or ate least VERY close by! :-)

To find the drive with the lowest SAS address use hardware service manager Packaging resource (1-7-1 from the main SST menu) Identify the correct DASD Drawer and put a 9 on that. Find the disk unit in location P1-D1, normally the first one. Put a 5 on that and gather it's serial number (Used for verification!) Then back up one screen and replace the 5 with an 8. (Logical resources) It will have TWO, one for each SAS path, like DMP120 and DMP121. Note those names, you will pick one of those two for the Load Source in the copy step. It doesn't matter which and you will not see both of them.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com