Way too ugly.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 4:02 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: BRMS scatter saves

We could break it apart but not very easily.

WITH T1 AS (
select substr(x.objname, 1, 3) as grouper, sum(x.objsize) as receiversize from table (qsys2.object_statistics ('#MXJRN', '*JRNRCV')) AS X group by substr(x.objname, 1, 3)) SELECT T1.grouper, t1.receiversize from t1 order by t1.receiversize desc;

Datagroup DG receiver size
ALL 1,859,095,375,872
KRO 339,640,762,368
SYS 27,076,866,048
EDI 15,316,488,192
SMA 7,728,861,184
GDI 1,159,221,248
USR 147,914,752
MGR 147,259,392
391,217,373,184 = sum of all receivers besides the "ALL" ones 21.04% =80% of stuff is in "ALL"

We would have to break the "ALL" data group down. You have to be a little careful to ensure that one transaction stays within the same receiver. For example if you do a transaction which updates files in three libraries then all three of those libraries should be in the same receiver (in case you decide to start doing commitment control or some such thing). And if 90% of all the transactions within the "ALL" group are from ERPLXF anyway (that would involve further analysis) then you don't buy squat.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755