On 25-Jul-2016 04:19 -0500, Alberto Ferrari wrote:
On 20-Jul-2016 07:22 -0500, CRPence wrote:
On 20-Jul-2016 04:26 -0500, Alberto Ferrari wrote:
<<SNIP>> The SAVF has been created on a V7R1 (and it is a
virtual system) but should be deployed on a V5R4.
The programs have been built for V5R4 using the TGTRLS(V5R4M0)
option: there are 1 CLLE *PGM <<SNIP>>

The msg CPF3773 and msg CPF3770 are summation messages. To
determine what is the actual origin, refer to the Recovery of
those messages, both of which suggest that the action required is
effectively, that if you want to see\learn what transpired, issue
[and offer up for review, if not understood, and thus are seeking
assistance]; as a spooled joblog, do not perform any translations
of the text, or if translation is done, then offer the original
non-redacted copy too]:
DSPJOBLOG OUTPUT(*PRINT)

Here is the result sent from our Japanese partner of the DSPJOBLOG
after running a RSTOBJ.
As mentioned, the V5R4 system is Japanese and this is an English
translation they have produced.

Additional message information

Message ID . : CPF3770 Severity . . : 30
Message Type . . : Diagnosis
Submit date : 16/07/19 Transmission time : 13:58:35
Message . . : Not save or restore object for the library MYRSTLIB.
Cause-- There is no save or restore object for the library MYRSTLIB
at 16/07/19 13:58:34.
• Diagnostic messages for the detected each of the error has been
has been sent.
• The was not restored objects, has been partially restored,
• There is that certain of the additional recovery measures are
included some required objects.
Recovery Procedures-- For error information, please use either press
the F10 key, or the job log display (DSPJOBLOG) command. Correct the
error, please repeat the request.

F10(DSPJOBLOG)

Display of all messages
????: GAMMA
Job? . : TDSP05 User . : W96097 number : 014980

≥ RSTOBJ OBJ(MYCLPGM) SAVLIB(MYRSTLIB) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QGPL/MYSAVF)
PGM MYCLPGM was not restored to the MYRSTLIB.
Not save or restore object for the library MYRSTLIB.

Again, I stated the *spooled joblog*; copy\paste from an interactive joblog is not of much value. As I had noted, the CPF3770 is a summation, merely redirecting to the prior messages; as such, any details about that CPF3770 message are of no help to a reviewer in helping to diagnose or resolve the issue -- almost everything in that message is available to anyone on any system by simply DSPMSGD CPF3770, but anyone having done so, knows nothing more about the issue on the failing system.

No message details were offered for the prior message translated as "PGM MYCLPGM was not restored to the MYRSTLIB.", nor was the message Id, nor any other contextual information included in the quoted message. The relevant contextual information would have been in the _spooled joblog_; and to avoid accidental corruption by /translations/, I had asked that an original un-redacted copy be supplied additionally, if a translated copy of the joblog details was provided.

Output from DSPSAVF FILE(QGPL/MYSAVF) follows:

Display of the stored object

The stored library . . : MYRSTLIB

Enter the options, please press the Enter key.

5= display

OPT object type attribute owner Size (K) Data
MYRSTLIB *LIB PROD QPGMR 72 YES
MYCLPGM *PGM CLLE QPGMR 1856 YES
MYCPGM *PGM CLE QPGMR 100 YES
MYCPGM *SRVPGM CLE QPGMR 92 YES
MYFILE *FILE PF QPGMR 28 YES

Does the same error occur for restore to IBM i 6.1 [aka V6R1]?

Doubtful, but any difference when using the following invocation?:

RSTOBJ MYCLPGM MYRSTLIB *SAVF *PGM SAVF(QGPL/MYSAVF) RSTLIB(QTEMP)

Anyhow, the unidentified failure message likely is also accompanied by one or several VLog [found with Start Service Tools (STRSST)] whose major and minor code should be recorded here as well; i.e. to better identify the cause -- and the actual vlog text could be posted somewhere as well, and if not here, then a link to that text.

The CLLE program source and the command-string used to create that *PGM [we can know for sure, only of the one parameter specification: TGTRLS(V5R4M0)] may also be of value; e.g. possibly allowing someone to try to reproduce the error, or possibly just identifying some command statements that might present difficulties when translated on V5R4.