If you only have one W9 and no deductions, Turbo tax works fine. But
anything more (like deductions, LLC, S or C Corp, etc) and you better pay a
professional. Don't even THINK of trying to do your own taxes in that case.

I understand Aaron's frustration. IBM has a very old and complex method
for purchasing anything from them. That's why a BP is needed. As a
middleman between you and IBM.

I just purchased a new IBM i and 8 years after getting my last one the
process was almost exactly the same... even the ugly printouts with all the
features, etc with the machine. I received a package of the software via
UPS, then a couple weeks later the hardware. But still no invoice. I've
even ASKED where the invoice is so I can pay it and haven't heard back.

I signed up for ESS and it asked for my customer number. I found at least
2 customer numbers on all the forms I got from IBM and none of them
worked. Even online I couldn't find it. One of the BPs I was working with
was able to supply it, though. Another example of way too much complexity.

Just as a tax accountant is a middleman between you and the thiev... I mean
nice folks at the IRS, sometimes a BP is a necessary evil when dealing with
a huge company like IBM.

The simple solution for the IRS is simple (flat/fair tax).

The simple solution for IBM is the same. Simplify!

But a simple solution is never simple to implement.

Brad
www.bvstools.com