Bernard,

Today the server is known as Power Systems with the current generation being POWER8. The operating system is IBM i with the current version being IBM i 7.2 while i 7.1 is also supported.

Twinax today has two uses: It makes great speaker wire and you can use a few lengths together to pull cars from ditches. I have done both. The only 'reliable' twinax use was for the console because most folks in the DC itself knew not to pull on the wire, wreck the connectors, or mess with the switches or terminal settings.

Today the function of those terminals is still available as Charles mentioned from several vendors but honestly a low end PC with the latest IBM i Access Client Solutions installed is your best bet. Easy to use, upgrade, and full function.

The server today is even faster even better even more reliable and it also supports this cool thing: The Internet. :-)

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com