Well yes that's true but you also have fabulously more capability at the terminal than just 5250.

If you truly do not need ANY additional functionality than 5250 then earlier in this thread are mentioned some Ethernet connected terminals. They are normally linux kernel based but only do 5250 so no updates required. They are not much bigger than a pack of cigarettes and mount right to the back of a flat panel monitor.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com