On 01-Dec-2015 09:48 -0600, Justin Taylor wrote:
Anyone know how IBM handles updates for the optional component
"IBM i Access Client Solutions - Windows Application Package"?

Perhaps the following link is helpful, despite the poorly /named/ link shown _underlined_ in the snippet of text quoted from that URL; "poorly named" because the text clearly calls-out the "base package" rather than using text that conspicuously implies fixes from the "optional packages" are included [or so I infer; see my followup after the snippet]?:
[http://www.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/access/solutions.html#updates]
"...
The latest updates are available at
_IBM i Access Client Solutions base package_ [https://www.ibm.com/services/forms/preLogin.do?source=swg-ia]. The next available update is planned for December 2015

≥ November 2015

• IBM i Access Client Solutions - Windows Application Package:
• Fixes

• Note: The AFP Printer Driver for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 must be obtained from Ricoh. For more information see support for AFP Printer Driver for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

• IBM i Access Client Solutions - Linux Application Package:
• Fixes
..."

Expanding the earlier updates [fixpack] descriptions show that some offer no fixes specific to any _optional package_, from which the logical inference is that there are only _base package_ fixes included. And conversely, the appearance of the bullet(s) explicitly naming one or both _optional package_ would seem to suggest these fixpacks must contain updates for more than just the _base package_.