From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dean Eshleman
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2015 2:19 PM
To: Midrange-L Mailing list xxxx
Subject: GREP doesn't work

Hi,

I'm trying to search some files on the IFS for a string and it doesn't seem to work. Here is what I'm doing.

STRQSH
Cd /directorytosearch
Grep 'searchstring' *

When I do this, it just returns to the command prompt. No errors listed. I know there are files in that directory that contain my search string. What am I doing wrong?

We are on 7.1.

Dean Eshleman
Software Development Architect

Everence Financial
1110 North Main Street
PO Box 483
Goshen, IN 46527
Phone: (574) 533-9515 x3528
www.everence.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.everence.com_&d=CwICAg&c=_2JymsjkoSdpgdT4DmA4bg&r=-518Ilz5cVhEAzb0mENLKbaCPCUJ_jWIaTTDYAFSng4&m=GXdSs6k_JoOmZg-BTG1a4jyZ4KYQa3tns5Cr9yuul00&s=gB0Ohc52a93ixs8Ari89qrnG7SsdY6gcFauKV-70fHE&e= >

Confidentiality Notice: This information is intended only for the individual or entity named. If you are not the intended recipient, do not use or disclose this information. If you received this e-mail in error, please delete or otherwise destroy it and contact us at (800) 348-7468 so we can take steps to avoid such transmission errors in the future. Thank you.