Why at all do you have empty tables? That does not make sense either.

Customer was using custom ERP package designed for their industry and they
are not using several features of the ERP package. Tables belonging to
features that are not used have no records. But, several generic reports
that are part of the package still access these tables while generating
reports. I hope this answers your question. I think this situation is
common for any product that is used by multiple customers. The ERP package
was designed to run against any relational database and is running against
Oracle, DB2 LUW, SQL Server, iseries at multiple client locations. Only one
client is having iseries at V5R4 and having problems due to limitations of
5.4.

Regarding several things you mentioned in your post.

I started this thread as index advises were recorded on cross reference
table on a system with no business application activity. If you have gone
thru the thread from the beginning, it would have clarified most of things
you asked in your post. The test LPAR was upgraded from V5R4 to V7R1.
Business application is not running on the LPAR at present. Advises were
generated by activity of IBM utilities. I asked at the begining of thread,
does anyone else seeing advises on cross reference table by simple SQL like
"SELECT * FROM QSYS2.SYSTABLES WHERE TABLE_NAME = ? and TABLE_SCHEMA = ?".
The SQL was executed by IBM utility QDIRSRV not by business application.
Surprisingly, despite so much discussion in the thread, no one answered
that question (with yes or no).

We could not go to IBM earlier, by the time we noticed problems, V5R4 is
already out of support. Now the client is moving to 7.1, I wanted to know
whether anyone else has same problem in 7.1. If no one else has the same
problem and we are the only ones having the problem even in 7.1, I was
planning to contact IBM. I just asked thread whether there is any setting
to turn off "Index Advisor". Other things mentioned were to provide
background for the request. At no point during the discussion, I was asking
forum to provide solutions to fix the application. I am not saying that I
have not gone to online forums to check fixes for application. It is not
the case in this particular thread. The mention of MTI was to lighten up
the thread, I was not asking the forum for fix to application. Yes, in the
other post for MTI, I was asking forum whether anyone knows what causes MTI
on table with zero rows.

Just a small note, for past couple of years, I read several of your posts
in various forums and found them very helpful. It is unfortunate that we
got into opposite sides of argument in other discussion regarding MTI.
There were some reasons (offline activity) which I do not like to disclose
in online forums which will explain why that thread went that way. If it is
OK with you, I can send you a private e-mail which will explain why that
thread went that way.

Satya....