Although you say here that you are not coming to the list to get a solution.

I did come to the list to get a solution. The solution I was looking
for is how to turn off Index Advisor. I did not come to the list for
fixes to the application.

just how much CPU time did it really take?

I do not remember exact time that got reported for update sysixadv
SQL. It is definitely more than 10 minutes for the day. The SQL with
lowest amount of CPU time for the day on Top 20 SQL daily report on
our system on busy days is around 10 minutes.

People on the thread are viewing the issue I raised as problem with
application and providing responses accordingly. From my point of view
the problem is with Index Advisor. Last week, I was booking hotel for
my upcoming vacation (starting tomorrow :) ) and while making the
booking, I wondered how iseries will work for hotel booking website.

On hotel booking site, customer can search based on location and dates
+ several other factors ( price, start rating, user rating, discount,
etc..) and then ask list to be sorted by another criteria. What will
be output of Index Advisor for this situation? It will be suggesting
hundreds of indexes, each index being advised thousands of times in a
day. Looking at above scenario, where do you guys think the problem
is? Is it with hotel booking application or with the way Index Advisor
works?

Can someone run following SQL on their system and check whether it
results in index advise? It will answer the question I raised in the
first post of this thread. FYI, index advises for QSYS tables will
not show up in "Index Advisor" report in iseries navigator. These
advises can be seen only by querying sysixadv.

"SELECT * FROM QSYS2.SYSTABLES WHERE TABLE_NAME = 'SYSTABLES' AND
TABLE_SCHEMA = 'QSYS2'"

Thanks..

Satya..