David:

DSPOBJD ... DETAIL(*FULL) will reveal the date/time the object was created, by what user profile, and on what system name, and the "Save/Restore Information" section will show if it was restored from another system.

I created a test command, then created a proxy pointing to that command, then deleted the original command, and yet the proxy command object still remains (albeit now rather useless.)

Perhaps some LPP was installed, and then later deleted (via DLTLICPGM) -- yet someone or some process may have created those "proxy" commands pointing to commands in the library for that LPP, and the LPP "clean up" routine (an exit run from DLTLICPGM) "forgot" to delete any proxies that were created? (speculation)

HTH,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 3/4/2015 2:21 PM, David Gibbs wrote:
Folks:

I found something interesting on my 7.1 system the other day.

I was doing some analysis of command objects in QSYS, using the QCDRCMDI api, and encountered a command that gave an error.

When I ran the QCDRCMDI api on the ADDBLDOPTE command, I got a CPF9810 indicating that the QBLDSYS library didn't exist.

So I looked in QSYS and there is a *CMD object for ADDBLDOPTE ... but it appears to be a proxy for a command of the same name in QBLDSYS. QBLDSYS, however, does not exist on my system.

----------
Target command . . . . . . . . . . . . : ADDBLDOPTE
Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : QBLDSYS
Current proxy chain . . . . . . . . . : QSYS/ADDBLDOPTE
QBLDSYS/ADDBLDOPTE

Anyone now why there would be a proxy command but no target command?

A bit more analysis returned a bunch more commands in a similar state. Most are pointing to QBLDSYS. Others are pointing to QSSP (we don't have the S/36 env installed, so that can 'kind of' be explained).

Thanks!

david