On 04-Mar-2015 14:17 -0600, David Gibbs wrote:
On 3/4/2015 2:09 PM, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
DSPOBJD OBJ(ADDBLDOPTE) OBJTYPE(*CMD) DETAIL(*SERVICE)
What are the following values?

Creation date/time: 10/05/09 12:33:38
System level: V7R1M0
Licensed program: 5700NT1 V7R1M0
PTF number: *blank

That LPP was, as I recall, an internal "IBM Confidential" product; the Native Tools library. AFaIK the library by the name QBLDSYS, by original design, was intended never to exist anywhere but within IBM because of that designation. Some level of functionality provided by that product would be classified merely as "IBM Internal-Use". Perhaps a version is available with a NDA or other\similar contract perhaps to partners or 3rd-party-sfw-providers to make IBM-branded LPP; yet the one IBM-branded product I recall was built in Rochester in the lab. The product had at least three libraries, so likely the QBLDSYS was an OPTION() of the LICPGM(500NT1) [Note: the DMPOBJ stores that number in the OIR; not revealed with DSPOBJD]. If just that one option is made available externally as an installable feature [surely on a strictly limited basis], that library QBLDSYS delivers only the less-restricted functions, so the overall classification when not combined with the other options would remain "IBM Internal-Use".

I do seem to recall some work associated with IBM service\support that /released/ a subset of the code in a download [a testfix perhaps, or just a save file from an FTP site], but I do not recall the reduced-function feature being delivered as an /installable/ feature. In that case, why there would be a proxy command would be hard to imagine, except if the purposes for the creation\existence was /enhanced/ to avoid either library qualifying the invocations or modifying QUSRLIBL [or QSYSLIBL] to make the commands more generally accessible. In that case, whoever was responsible for the use of CRTPRXCMD would have been responsible also to effect DLTCMD as part of their cleanup of their support\service actions that had included restoring the library\capability to the cust system. If delivered as a LPP, which was installed using RSTLICPGM, then the improper use of DLTLIB versus the proper use of DLTLICPGM would give rise to the orphaned proxy command objects.