Sessions at Spring 2015 COMMON:
OPEN LAB: Do it yourself - Barebones High Availability
Session Abstract:
This is a work-at-your-own-pace open lab. Here's your opportunity to try
some hands-on lab exercises to demonstrate how to set up and execute both
a disaster recovery as well as an end-to-end high availability kind of
approach on a shoestring.

Other sessions by Larry Youngren:
Remote Journal for HA & Words of Wisdom
Basic Journaling: What do I need to know? (an introduction)
OPEN LAB: Dust off your remote journal skills

https://common.confex.com/common/s15/webprogram/start.html

Larry's the kind of guy that gets you excited and thinking immediately how
you can use this in your office.
I remember a coworker and I shared a room and we ended up leaving our beds
to try some journalling stuff remotely once we got started talking about
it.

One of his many awards:
Spring 2006 COMMON Conference
Silver medal sessions
Larry Youngren High Availability on a Shoestring 500172

Hopefully I've just given you sufficient ammunition to get authorization
for Spring COMMON.