Ok, granted, I went from a mix of SSD's and
HDD's to pure SSD's, of a newer generation.

Right. My mileage got like four times better when I started buying gasoline in 2008 from a new station. Yes I began putting it into a Prius instead of a V8 4x4 Dodge Ram at the same time but I think it was just better gas :-)

Seriously you're likely behind better cards too and with faster SAS buses maybe even in faster PCI slots. Of course all that matters, but the one thing you gotta do is get each LPAR a minimum of 6 drives real or virtual. Want to prove it to yourself, create a single 1TB NWSSTG and load everything to that and see how it runs/walks/crawls....

Larry

Sent from my iPad