I started using this also on my Mac (10.9.5).
The IBM i Access Client Solutions.app that is supposed to launch doesn’t work, I put a shortcut to the acsmain.jar on my toolbar to launch
I don’t get any kind of terminal window, just the management window I can launch the emulators (etc) from.
The emulator seems to work pretty well from my usage so far.
The absence of the normal mac menu function, preferences etc isn’t a huge deal to me.

You would think with this new partnership with Apple that IBM would be offering better OSX support, like RDi!

Thanks

Jeff Tickner
Arcad Software

date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 18:29:10 -0400
from: Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: IBM iAccess

Since it is the official IBM solution I?m trying to use this new product on my Mac. To say I?m disappointed/underwhelmed so far is to put it mildly.

No hot-spot recognition that I can find (unlike TN5250J, Mochasoft and others).

Doesn?t even pretend to be a native app. Other Java based tools that I use appear just like any other Mac app. This one launches a terminal window (DOS prompt for the Windows?ites) which _has_ to remain active or the app dies. This despite the fact that it is documented as Mac specific.

Any other Mac users got any suggestions for me before I just give up and go back to wrestling with customizing TN5250J?

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.