Sounds related to a recent firmware upgrade.

POWER8 System Firmware SV810_087 (FW810.11)

Notice:
Additional Fixes

Recently, several enhancements were released to improve the reliability
and function of new and existing adapters used on Power8 systems. To
ensure the highest level of availability and performance, it is important
that the following System Firmware, IO, AIX & VIOS maintenance is
performed. For efficiency, IBM recommends that all applicable System
Firmware, IO, AIX & VIOS maintenance is consolidated and performed during
the same session to reduce the number of scheduled maintenance windows.

System F/W: SV810_081 / FW810.10 (or Higher)

- For systems in PowerVM mode, a problem was fixed for unresponsive PCIe
adapters after a partition power off or a partition reboot.

I/O:

- Device: PCIe2 4-Port (10GbE SFP+ & 1GbE RJ45) Adapter Feature Codes:
EN0S EN0T EN0U EN0V Version: 30090140 (or higher) An enhancement added to
support Network Installation on 1GB speed switch ports.

- Device: PCIe2 2-Port 10GbE Base-T Adapter Feature Codes: EN0W EN0X
Version: 20110140 (or higher) Fixes a Network Installation issue seen with
1GB speed switch port setting.

AIX/VIOS:

- VIOS 2233/61 TL09 SP3: IV63449 - AIX 71 TL03 SP03 : IV63680

For Power8 systems using NIC adapter Feature Codes (FC) EN0U, EN0V, EN0S,
EN0T, EL3Z, EN0W, EN0X which translate to: PCIe2 4-Port Adapter (10GbE
SFP+) PCIe2 4-Port Adapter (1GbE RJ45) PCIe2 2-Port 10GbE Base-T Adapter

These APARs correct a problem that occurs when promiscuous mode is not set
when the adapter gets reset (e.g. when adapter becomes backup in SEA fail
over mode or Encounters a transmit error). This would cause the adapter to
transmit packet but not receive packets.