According to one hit I got in Google, here is a bit of an explanation -

This class encapsulates the KRB-CRED message that a client uses to send its delegated credentials to a server. Supports delegation of one ticket only.

As I recall, delegation lets you forward credentials to another server or application downstream.

I don't know why they are there, not whether you can afford to throw them away.