There is an entire track on VIOS at the COMMON fall conference. A session every session hour.

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:41 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: upgrading VIOS

I was looking at the sessions for this fall's COMMON conference.
I noticed the usual session(s) on FSP, HMC, IBM i and making sure that these are all upgraded for supported versions. For example, ensure that your level of HMC is compatible with your level of FSP.
What I am not noticing is any coverage of VIOS in those sessions. Like, how to upgrade VIOS, make sure it is compatible with HMC, Firmware, IBM i; that genre.
There is this session:
43HA How to Keep Going VIO Server - Management and Monitoring (590528)
But the abstract is just a little vague.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755