Re: SQL performing a CALL with parms...

fixed

On 27-Aug-2014 15:30 -0500, Gqcy wrote:

we may have created a stored procedure....
but I can't find the SQL that created it!
(I see this program is in QSYS2.PROCEDURES)
is there some way to back into the source?

One would hope the Source Change Management (SCM) has the original production version maintained in a source repository.

I generally review data in SYSROUTINE [SYSROUTINES] and SYSPARMS, from which to reconstruct a routine definition. I am unsure if the Generate SQL DDL (QSQGNDDL) API might not give the ability to generate the CREATE PROCEDURE statement from the existing definition for the External routine;;; Ah, verified that is so [and the iNav DB\SQL feature should give that capability, via some feature that is implemented using that API]:

<http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_71/apis/qsqgnddl.htm>
_Generate Data Definition Language (QSQGNDDL) API_
"... To generate privileges for an external routine, the external routine must exist. ..."