On 04-Aug-2014 13:51 -0500, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
On 8/4/14 11:28 AM, CRPence wrote:

Probably best to apply the supersede. Reviewing SI51172 shows
[contrary to above supersede info] that the current supersede is SI53118
for APAR SE58912; that APAR correctly includes the message in symptom
string keyword form [abstract: TCPIP-SMTP-MSGCPD0193 MCH1001 ...], there
is no mention [too typical] of the service program name :-( or names
that might be expected to appear. In such situations one would expect
the PSP to be updated, and that APAR SE58912 would be marked HIPer with
its PTF as supersede to prevent the defect [defective PTF] condition.

Does the defective PTF require an IPL to remove it?

Does the superseding PTF require an IPL to install it?

I did not read the cover letters of either. They will inform of delayed-apply and\or special\activation instructions.