Weird server-crashing-on-takeoff issue on customer system, involving QTMMCUTL -- H E L P !

fixed

I've never seen anything like this one. It seems to happen for all ordinary users, but not for certain privleged ones, and just started this morning.

Immediately upon launch of the child-server job handling the connection in our client-server CRM application, the child-server program for that connection crashes with a CPD0193 on QTMMCUTL.

CPD0193 Diagnostic 30 08/04/14 12:43:20.998921 QCACALL QSYS 0355 QCMD QSYS 01C8
Message . . . . : Not authorized to service program QTMMCUTL in QTCP.

We don't directly reference QTMMCUTL, and it's not listed in the service programs page of a DSPPGM on the child-server program:
Service
Program
ZLIB
QC2IO
QC2UTIL1
QC2UTIL2
QLEAWI
QRNXIE
QRNXIO
QRNXUTIL
QP0LLIB1
QP0LLIB2
QSOSRV1
QTQICONV
QTMMSNDM

I looked at QTMMSNDM, on both our box and the customer box, and both of them do list QTMMCUTL, but both run under owner authority, both are owned by QTCP, and both QTMMCUTLs are owned by QTCP, and show the same authorities.

I don't know what to make of this. HELP!

--
JHHL