Re: Save/restore of '/tmp'

fixed

Just to be clear,
CHGATR OBJ('/tmp') ATR(*RSTDRNMUNL) VALUE(*YES)
was introduced by IBM at some release upgrade and broke some of their own
applications. Which were not rewritten to "proactively work with this
rather than reactively".

And I agree that proper system change management will have you do all
those things you change at every release upgrade such as:
- change command defaults
- printer files
- authority changes so that imbedded RST* commands will work
and so on.
The rub I had was that a restore will effectively (if done right) get all
of your system values, command default changes, security authority changes
and so on. But what it will not get is the attribute changed on '/tmp'.