From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DrFranken
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:14 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Fix Central and Download director

So there is a simple CL that does the FTP. It does OVRDBF INPUT to QGPL/FTPCMD and OUTPUT to QGPL/FTPLOG both with the member named in the only parameter. It then does FTP '127.0.0.1' FTPCMD and FTPLOG are source physical files.

A sample FTPCMD member looks like this:

wont work <-- attempts to log into 127.0.0.1
close <-- it fails, quit that
open delivery01-bld.dhe.ibm.com
user anonymous supersecret <- any password works namefmt 1 cd /ccss/B63923/v7r1/C <- Comes from IBM Email
lcd /ibmi/v7r1/ptf <- Where my i 7.1 PTS go
binary
mget *.bin <- Get all Binaries.
quit

The log member looks like this: (parts omitted) ========================================
Connecting to remote host 127.0.0.1 using port 21.
220-QTCP at LOOPBACK.
220 Connection will close if idle more than 5 minutes.
Enter login ID
530 Log on attempt by user WONT rejected.
Enter an FTP subcommand.
close
221 QUIT subcommand received.
Enter an FTP subcommand.
open delivery01-bld.dhe.ibm.com
Connecting to host dispby-101.boulder.ibm.com......
user anonymous
331 Guest login ok, send any password.
230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
namefmt 1
500 'SITE NAMEFMT 1': command not understood.
Client NAMEFMT is 1.
cd /ccss/B63923/v7r1/C
250 CWD command successful.
lcd /ibmi/v7r1/ptf
Local working directory is /ibmi/v7r1/ptf > binary
200 Type set to I.
mget *.bin
200 Type set to I.
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for hiper113_1.bin (3867471872 bytes).
226 Transfer complete.
3867471872 bytes transferred in 7384.260 seconds. Transfer rate 523.745 KB/sec.
quit

221-You have transferred -427495424 bytes in 1 files.
221-Total traffic for this session was -427493880 bytes in 2 transfers.
221-Thank you for using the FTP service on inetsd01.boulder.ibm.com.
221 Goodbye.

Note that when your order PTFs for download via FTP you get to pick the directory name and the file name.

For the directory name I ALWAYS use the version. V7R1 for example and you can see that in the path name IBM sends (above). This way when ordering multiple things I need not record anything, the version is in the path.

For the file name I use the group name and number. Here you can see it was Hiper group level 113 so the file is hiper113_1.bin. If it goes over one image then the next is hiper113_2.bin. Again now I know EXACTLY what this file is and can delete it after I get hiper114_1.bin some time later.

For CUMEs I use Cyjjjvrm. y last digit of year, jjj julian day, and vrm
710 for example. The yjjj is the release date for this cume. Current CUME then is C4143710_1 and _2.bin.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com