Re: Trigger setup not working

fixed

On 7/17/2014 8:50 AM, Hoteltravelfundotcom wrote:
I get this message: but the object has no lock on it.
I have security officer User level. What else can it be? i am able to add
triggers in other libraries on this file.

ADDPFTRG FILE(ISTDTA/TRNSTATPF) TRGTIME(*AFTER) TRGEVENT(*UPDATE)
PGM(PRJLIB78/CRREPCL)
Trigger operation not successful.

From program . . . . . . . . . : QDBTRIGG
From library . . . . . . . . : QSYS
Instruction . . . . . . . . : 0370

Is this intended to be a general discussion of the myriad ways ADDPFTRG
can be 'not successful'? The reason I ask is that there are very few
details with which the list can work. This will result in time
consuming back and forth messages as individual list members ask for
clarification on one point or another.

Please help us to help you. With every question, please include:

1) The operating system version and Technology Refresh level. This is
important because different capabilities are available with more recent
operating system versions. DSPPTF and WRKPTFGRP will find these.

2) The full first and second level message text. This reveals the error
message ID (in this case, CPF32C6) as well as any reason codes and
recovery operations (in this case, 'See the error messages previously
listed.').

3) The full first and second level text of the previous messages in the
job log. The architecture of IBM i is that a given process will issue
informational and diagnostic messages before failing with an escape
message. Those diagnostics are the actual reason the process failed.

4) The command that caused the failure (supplied here, thank you). This
is important because seeing the exact parameters can reveal the root
cause. Often, the simplest way to provide all of this information is to
DSPJOBLOG OUTPUT(*PRINT) and copy/paste the result in the initial question.

--buck