There was a similar thread a while for

"massive document storage in the IFS - how to handle Mimix"

On 7/16/2014 3:31 PM, Charles Wilt wrote:
Interesting thought...though I assume you meant BLOB instead of CLOB...

Based on what little I know about how BLOBs are stored and the fact that
the OS backs up large objects faster than a bunch of small ones, I would
expect the answer to be yes.

But I don't know for sure. Might be worthwhile asking IBM about.

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 12:40 AM, Roger Harman <roger_harman@xxxxxxxxxxx>

After reading a number of posts over time about slow IFS save issues, I was

Would there be any benefit to saving them as CLOB's in a table instead of
IFS objects?

I have no experience whatsoever with this but just wondering what are the
pro's & con's and if anyone has tried it.

Roger Harman

COMMON Certified Application Developer - ILE RPG on IBM i on Power

OCEAN User Group <> - Vice-President, Membership