RE: Manageing remote servers (services) that connect to the i

From: Steinmetz, Paul

We found that following an IPL, system save, restricted state, etc, that these remote services may not always reconnect, may need to be bounced.
Does anyone else have these same issues?
Has anyone found a good solution to control Windows services from the i.

Yes. No.

You mentioned a WMI solution. Does it not work well? (Do you have a link? I can go search later "when I have time" but welcome the shortcut if you have it.)

I also suspect an sshd server on the Windows server may help.

I'm not entirely certain I have a way in my case to know the Windows service has failed, so automation may not be an option for me. I do look forward to any solutions, "just in case" though.
--
Sean Porterfield

This email is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged. If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender immediately and delete this email message from your computer as any and all unauthorized distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. Thank you.