Re: Power7 firmware update

fixed

HA! Good point though.

See I am a systems guy. If you can hack into the control bits for my systems that is bad. That means you can take down my entire infrastructure, cold. Also if I have to update this stuff to prevent issues like heartbleed, it potentially takes down everything on the server, not just Payroll! Isolation lets me decide when to update because other prevention is in place.

As for Payroll yeah that's important and I'll work to assure that only the appropriate folks can reach the machine that contains it, and only in the prescribed ways. I'll also work to be sure that only the correct methods are used on the machine to access it but much of security is up to the vendors and the developers. And that's scary.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com