Re: Reading HTML with Excel (was: SQL2JXL)

fixed

So it does still work - my problem was that I was trying to load a remote web page into Excel - one that used to work fine in earlier versions but no longer works in Office 365.

Maybe next time I'll use Sitesucker or similar to bring down a local copy and see if I can load from that.

On 2014-07-02, at 6:36 PM, John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Copying to PCTECH list; if this thread continues further, it should
probably move completely to PCTECH, lest we incur David's wrath. ;)

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Has anyone tried getting Excel to read HTML? I'm too occupied with other
work to test this. I seem to recall that Excel can generate HTML. Can it
consume it?

Yes, it can both generate and open HTML files.

Depending on the "Excel-friendliness" of the HTML file, it will open
right up using the standard Open dialog. (For example, if the HTML
file was one that was written by Excel in the first place, then it
should open up just fine with no hassle.)

Do you have more specific questions or requirements?

John Y.