Copying to PCTECH list; if this thread continues further, it should
probably move completely to PCTECH, lest we incur David's wrath. ;)

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Has anyone tried getting Excel to read HTML? I'm too occupied with other
work to test this. I seem to recall that Excel can generate HTML. Can it
consume it?

Yes, it can both generate and open HTML files.

Depending on the "Excel-friendliness" of the HTML file, it will open
right up using the standard Open dialog. (For example, if the HTML
file was one that was written by Excel in the first place, then it
should open up just fine with no hassle.)

Do you have more specific questions or requirements?

John Y.