SQL TRANSLATE

fixed

Hi,

I think I have the right command, but not sure if it will do what I want:

Existing Column A : AABBBBB
New Column B : CCCCCBBBBB

Column A is 7 characters composed of a federation code (2A) and an agency
code (5A). This will now be replaced by column B of 10 characters which
will have region code (5A) and the same agency code. I can create a table
containing the federation code and the region code that will replace it.

What I need now is to use UPDATE with TRANSLATE to copy column A to column
B while replacing the federation code with the region code and
concatenating with the agency code.

Anyone ?!