Thanks that was a typo, otherwise the system would probably not have replied

FOREIGN CONSTRAINT RESTRICT UNIQUE WAS EXPECTED

On 27-Jun-2014 11:31 -0500, Dave wrote:

I'm trying to remove a table column that I just added with the the
ALTER TABLE ADD command. When I try ALTER TABLE MYTABLE DROP COLUMNN
MYCOLUMN, I get the above error message, even if I add RESTICT
UNIQUE. Is there some kind of constraint that needs to be taken off
first?

The problem is SQLCODE -104 aka msg SQL0104, a syntax error. The
keyword COLUMN is misspelled in the request [to DROP COLUMN]:

ALTER TABLE MYTABLE DROP COLUMNN MYCOLUMN

--
Regards, Chuck