Hi Rich

I just remembered = there's a QP2SHELL2 - this one runs in the caller's activation group - with ILE this will matter, as you know.

QP2SHELL starts PASE in a new activation group, it says.

I also looked up QP2TERM - seems it actually starts up a batch job, but it uses the display for stdin, stdout, and stderr.

Not sure that matters!!