Truly mind-boggling. I don't understand why it gives you guff about
TOFILE when you clearly specified TOSTMF.

Y'know, I never actually had any issue with the CCSID handling of the
stream/import file commands. They may or may not have been broken,
and changed to a different kind of broken with each release.
Whatever. My beef with the commands has always been just been plain
old user interface. (Well, older versions really *were* broken in
basic functionality as well, in the sense that they were as naive
about CSV as your average IT Joe, or worse.)

I'm surprised you pulled out this command, after your history with it.
Haven't you already built up an infrastructure to avoid it?