I like V7R2. I have it on three lpars. There are two reasons I do not
have it on all lpars.
One, I'm currently running Power 6 hardware. There is a lot of stuff that
will not work on 7.2. Replacing all three machines NLT end of July.
Two, I have one application that will not work on anything higher than
7.1. IBM is not enhancing Quickr and wants us to move to Connections. We
are having a consultant come in and do so, and move that off of IBM i.
When that is done, and the new hardware is in, that lpar will be moved to

RCAC is cool. I played around with that a little. I've not tried to put
that into existing code. For example if an RPG chain fails because you
are not authorized to the row, will the application 'assume' that the
failure of the chain is because the row doesn't exist and try to create
the row?
If an RPG chain does have access to a row, but the column is masked, what
happens upon an update? Does it write over the column with the masked