Fwd: Tape loaded

fixed

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John McKee <jmmckee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, May 28, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Subject: Tape loaded
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I am from the old world. Remember 9 track tape?

I would be hesitant to load a 9 track tape and leave it loaded for 24 hours
as I think the vacuum motor would give up.

So, what may be a stupid question: Is there any issue with leaving a 3590
with tape loaded and in Ready state? There is no likelyhood that another
user would access the drive.

Appreciate insights. May have to do unattended backup and just have
lingering concerns.

John McKee