MIDRANGE dot COM Mailing List Archive

RE: I like the new RDX docking station... Just sayin

fixed

Personally I think comparing to the times of saving to save files isn't
too impressive.
A decent LTO3 or above tape drive, with enough processor to drive it, will
often blow the doors off of saving to save files.
This isn't 1970. Disk isn't always faster than tape. Especially when
you're using the same disk controller, set of arms, etc to write the data
as are reading the data.